ZoiPer is an IAX & SIP multilanguage VoIP soft client (softphone) meant to work with any IP-based communication system and infrastructure.Zoiper is available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux and supports the following languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Polish and Magyar.
You can download it here
- Start Zoiper Softphone
- Click on Config icon on the Zoiper screen
- Click on the " + " icon to add an account
- Select SIP or IAX account. This guide was made using a SIP account but the settings are similar, notice that the protocol must be the same as the one you set on your icttech.net SIP account
- Fill in the fields with your SIP account information
- Account: Choose a name for your account.
- Host: sip.icttech.net (one of our multiple servers)
- Username: 100000_ (your icttech.net sub account)
- Password: ********* (account password)
Audio Codec Configuration
- Go to "Audio Codecs" section
- Unselect all the codecs, leaving only GSM and u-law selected.
Configuring ZoIPer to start with the phone
Under the SIP account's settings on ZoiPer, please go to "Network Settings"
Then, activate "Enable on Start"
Registering the account
Now that you have configured your icttech.net account (or sub account) in ZoiPer, go to the top of the Account's setting screen and click on "Register"
If everything is correct, you should see a message that says "Registration Status: OK"
Configuring ZoiPer to keep running all the time
Some customers mention that ZoiPer loses registration, this is because iOS closes the internet connection and the app after some time without use. You can configure ZoiPer to force to keep alive the Wi-Fi connection and keep running the app in the background. To achieve that, open ZoiPer and go to Settings then select "Incoming calls"
Once there enable both options
Please notice that by enabling these options the battery duration will be reduced.
For best results, it is recommended to use wifi. But if using 4G/LTE and you experience poor sound quality, it has been reported that turning off ECHO CANCELLATION helps to solve the issue.